Friends of the Library Drive-In Movie, tickets available from local vendors including Franks Pizza, Sweetberry Bowls, Wendy’s, R&M Hardware, Cardinal Travel/Framing.
The Pompton Lakes Public Library is offering curbside pickup of library materials.
Curbside Service will be available:
- Monday – Thursday, 10:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Items may be placed on hold by telephone, email or online. Please have your library card number or name ready by phone or provide it in your email.
- Call: 973-835-0482 or 973-835-5661
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Online: https://palsplus.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/PALSPLUS/? or
- 1) A library staff member will call or email you when your items are ready for pickup.
- 2) Arrive at the library and please park in an empty parking spot.
- 3) Once you are in our parking lot, call the library (973) 835-0482 or 973-835-5661 to let us know that you have arrived and to provide a description of your vehicle. Please have your library card or other ID available.
- 4) A library staff member will bring your items down in a clean plastic bag. The library staff member will be wearing a mask and gloves. Please wear a mask and stay inside your vehicle. If you open your vehicle’s trunk, we can place the bag inside.
You will only be able to borrow books, DVDs, audiobooks, and other library materials, owned by the Pompton Lakes Public Library. Statewide inter-library delivery service is not available at this time. You may call another library directly to borrow their material.
Materials may be returned in our outdoor book drop. Materials will be quarantined for 3 days. Please note that we are not accepting donations at this time.
– The Pompton Lakes Public Library staff members appreciate your consideration and patience.
The Library Building will remain closed until interior updates are completed to provide for the safety of staff and patrons.
The Friends of the Library are pleased to announce this year’s selection for One Book, One Town 2020: “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” by Rebecca Skloot.
No one could have predicted that the death of 31 year old Henrietta Lacks in 1951 would change the course of medical science. But the incredible story of Henrietta’s “immortal” cells–used in the development of vaccines for polio, certain cancers and sent into space to research the effect of zero gravity–is the substance of this book. It’s also the personal story of the Lacks family, who first learned of this research decades later.
Against the backdrop of the global pandemic we are experiencing now, the HeLa cell story examines the same issues we face today: the complicated relationships among race, health care and medical ethics.
For full information please please see: Emergency Closing
All materials checked out prior to the library closing will have their due dates set to July 31. You may receive a reminder or overdue notice on those materials. If you are unable to drop off your materials in the book drop, please call the library and we will renew the materials.
Do not feel a rush to return materials.
Fines will be waived
March 23, 2020 update –
As per the NJ Governor’s Executive Order No. 107 :
- 9. All recreational and entertainment businesses, including
but not limited to the following list, must close to the public as
long as this Order remains in effect. The State Director of
Emergency Management, who is the Superintendent of State Police, shall have the discretion to make additions, amendments,
clarifications, exceptions, and exclusions to this list:
- h. All municipal, county, and State public libraries,
and all libraries and computer labs at public and
private colleges and universities.
- 26. This Order shall take effect on Saturday, March 21, 2020,
at 9:00 p.m., and shall remain in effect until revoked or modified
by the Governor, who shall consult with the Commissioner of DOH as appropriate.
Library updates are available at:
With any questions or if you need help with your library card or if your need to get one.
Digital resources are available with your library card:
hoopla – always on-demand eBooks, audio books, graphic novels, music, movies and TV shows
RBdigital – over 3400 digital magazines and 1600 graphic novels.
OverDrive – eBooks and audio books
If you need help with your card or do not have a card please email or call the library.
The book drop is open to return materials, but do not feel a rush to return them.